GLOBAL DIABETES INITIATIVES
Global Diabetes Initiatives is a non-profit organization, to be a support and advocacy organization for all people with diabetes. It is a Global Health Organization dedicated to improving the health of people in our community and also in Developing World by focusing on serious challenges like poverty, lack of education and inclusion. It is a diverse, tolerant and
inclusive organisation where each person is empowered to fulfil:
- Health potentials regardless of their background and to live a diabetic free life
- To live up the goals and dreams as equals in the society
- To be a contributing member of the community
Promoting Diabetes care and support for all and to foster a culture of health and well-being in our community that encourage individuals to take care of their health, assists people in recognising when illnesses are getting worse, thereby improving our community’s overall health.
- To support. inform and encourage people with diabetes and their families.
- Acting as a diabetes advocate, pushing for improved facilities, less expensive medication, and better services.
- Increasing public understanding of diabetes, its symptoms, and risk
- To provide diabetes patients with guidance, educational materials, and advocacy.
- To enable persons living with diabetes to retain a good quality of life in the event of any chronic consequences of the disease by providing them the platform to exercise and share their experiences with the people that matters to them.
- To raise awareness of diabetes and its symptoms.
- Educate the community on how to manage Diabetes
- Help the community to get the care and support needed
- Help the community manage the disease so they can stay out of the hospital
What we do
One of the most important roles of the Global Diabetes Initiative is to speak up for all diabetic migrants in the UK, lobbying for better treatment and the availability of crucial pharmaceuticals. Decision-makers in the national health-care system must acknowledge that the country is experiencing a diabetes pandemic and that immediate action is required to care
for individuals affected. Diabetes can be managed, and with the right education and motivation, a diabetic can live a full, healthy, and long life. Global Diabetes Initiatives seeks to help at every stage of the process.
We host frequent talks and workshops by diabetes experts. The latest diabetic therapies and management approaches, as well as other significant diabetes subjects, are covered in these workshops.
People who request assistance are directed to the appropriate service providers. Global Diabetes Initiatives have knowledgeable staff, the majority of whom have diabetes themselves or in their families, they are well positioned to assist with general management concerns as well as providing encouragement and emotional support. A service that health-care workers are sometimes too busy to do. Medical advice is not provided by Global Diabetes Initiatives.
Global Diabetes Initiatives support groups is one of its greatest assets. The goal of this group is to allow persons with diabetes to share their experiences and gain from connection with others in similar situations. They are usually run from a person’s house, and they provide personal encouragement and intimate concern that is beneficial to their emotional well being.
We organise a yearly Diabetes Symposium
Here we invite all our partners, stakeholders, and other organisations to create a massive awareness and educate on diabetes. This is usually coordinated in November of each year to mark World Diabetes Day.
We offer mentoring services and provides facilities for recreational activities and leisure, within a strong value based and guiding principles. Global Diabetes Initiatives help to relieve sickness, hardship and poverty amongst locals and newcomers in need by providing charitable support in particular through education, advice and guidance, information services and facilitating integration.
Exercise is Key
We organise a walk and talk session in the park for 3 days a week. This is a lifestyle modification programme that can help prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.